Use this form ONLY to send a Booking Enquiry for the Village Hall
Please read these conditions carefully as they apply to all groups and individuals who use Coldingham Public Hall.
1. The user named on the booking form is responsible for any damage caused to the building or contents during the period of let. Please report any damage to the Caretaker as soon as possible.
2. The user is responsible for leaving the Hall as found, including switching of lights and heaters and returning tables and chairs to their storage space after use.
3. Any equipment bought in must be moved by the end of the let unless special arrangements have been made beforehand to store it.
4. The user is responsible for any payment due which must be paid prior to commencement of the let. A deposit will usually be required which must be paid in advance of the let date.
5. All dishes and other kitchen utensils must be washed, dried and put away after use. The kitchen must be left clean and tidy. The hall must be swept clean after use.
6. Booking times must be adhered to as any overrun may cause a problem for other users booked into the hall. When making a booking you must include sufficient time for set up and cleaning in the enquiry. It is the responsibility of the hirer to clean the hall after every booking.
7. The hall is not available for use by under 18's unless a responsible adult is in attendance at all times. This person must be named on the booking form.
8. Permission from the Committee is required before alcohol can be brought onto Hall premises. If alcohol is to be sold the user is responsible for obtaining all consents and licenses beforehand, a copy of which must be provided.
9. No excessive noise is permitted that might disturb our neighbours.
10. The hall cannot be booked for any illegal purposes.
11. The Hall Caretaker will open the Hall and lock up after use.
12. Charges. The cost of let for Community Bookings will be £5 per hour, minimum £10 fee to apply. Fees for all commercial bookings will be higher. Charges for weddings, parties or similar events will incur higher charges, details on request. If you require access the morning after your event this will be charged from 8.00am.
13. Deposits will be returned once the Hall has been inspected by the Caretaker. Any damages will be deducted from the deposit monies or where appropriate, you will be asked to provide additional funds. Deposits must be received at least 7 working days prior to your event.
14. Help keep Coldingham village tidy. You agree to remove all advertising posters that have been placed around the village once the event is over. The committee reserve the right to retain deposit monies until this is done.
15. The Committee reserve the right to refuse to let the Hall at any time and their decision will be final with no discussion or correspondence entered into.
16. The Committee may change these conditions at any time without warning or notice. The decision of the Committee remains final in all events.
17. We do not accept bookings for any of the following types of events:
A. Ball Games of any kind
B. Stag nights or Hen nights, or similar
C. 18th birthday parties
18. Dance floor talc or any similar product must not be used on the hall floor either directly or indirectly via dance shoes.